1956 Aston Martin DB2/4 MK II
Introduced in 1953 the Aston Martin DB2/4 replaced the earlier Aston Martin DB2. Initially fitted with the Lagonda 2.6 Litre straight 6 designed by W.O. Bentley the engine was later enlarged to 2.9 Litre and delivered 140 Hp which made a top speed of 120 Mph possible. There were several different body options, the majority of which were the 2+2 version. In 1955 the Mark II arrived with a slightly revised body that was now built at coachbuilders Tickford instead of the earlier cars by Mulliner. A total of 199 examples of the Mark II were made of which 146 were of the 2+2 version.
This Aston Martin DB2/4 Mark II
This Aston Martin DB2/4 Mark II was delivered new in September 1956 to Wilson & Rose Ltd. In the heart of the London diamond centre in Hatton Garden through the Aston Martin agents Brooklands of Bond Street. The car was finished in Moonbeam Grey with a Blue/Grey Connolly leather interior. According to the logbook on file, the car had several owners after that until bought by an English gentleman in 1995 who kept it under his care for 22 years. It has been part of the “Gentleman Collection” since 2017. Benefitting from a recent complete (matching numbers) engine overhaul by a Dutch specialist, the car is ready for its next custodian.
This 1956 Aston Martin DB2/4 Mark II is for sale. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information.